Monday, January 22, 2007

Knight Scene Blocking

So this is the first post of the blog. I've been meaning to get one for a while, but just never got around to it. The reason I got a blog is because I'm always checking the Animation Mentor guys/girls' blogs for new information, seeing what they're working on, and finding out things that are useful to know in this industry. I'll probably link a few of them from time to time, as well as other stuff that's interesting/useful to know.

Now the business end. For the Fundamentals of Animation class I'm taking this month, we have to get a knight character though an obstacle course in 550 frames or less. The knight has to walk over a log, up some stairs, jump off a platform and over some water, then navigate his way though a swinging axe, and finally pull out a sword stuck in a stone.

I've worked though the blocking stages and I'm starting to get all my extremes in and fixing some poses. Some areas are still just contact positions. Here is what I have so far. I should be getting to the inbetweens near the middle of the week. Feel free to critique it.

No comments: