Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A lot has been going on

Things have been going great these past two weeks. Here's a little bit of what I've been up to

-Interview with Joshua Bass, Art Director at Rock Star Games. He's a great guy, really willing to help out, and I'm glad to have met him.

-The Animation Guild is in full swing. We had a good number of students show up, as well as Mike and Hugo, so thanks a lot to those guys. Two of the lab instructors from the Character Animation class said they also want to help out which is great. We got our mini challenge idea going and critiqued a few demo reels. So its going great.

-I was asked to speak at our local SIGGRAPH Chapter this Friday. Since, we started this animation guild, its drawn a lot of interest. So I was asked to speak at the SIGGRAPH Chapter meeting to sort of introduce myself and the motivation behind the club.

-I also applied to SIGGRAPH as a Student Volunteer, so I'm really hoping that I'm accepted so I can meet all the amazingly talented people out there that I'm always reading about and listening to. Most notably the Spline Doctors, those guys have been a huge help to me.

-I've been working on quite a few animations. Its about half 2D and half 3D, so as those get finished I'll post them up here for critiques and comments.

No comments: